A satisﬁed customer is a happy customer. Keep your customers happy by troubleshooting problems before they occur.
Problems can arise if labels are used incorrectly or under the wrong conditions. Ensure that your customers have a positive experience by pointing out pitfalls before they occur.
- Check the temperature. Cold temperatures can affect the rate at which adhesion occurs, slowing it down. As a result, labels can pull away from the surface.
- Store labels properly. Because adhesion is affected by temperature and humidity, labels should be stored at temperatures between 60 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit with a relative humidity range of 50 to 60%.
- Watch stacking. Improper stacking can cause too much pressure on the labels.
- Apply enough pressure when applying the label, especially on uneven surfaces. Often, labels are not pressed hard enough or long enough to create good adhesion.
- Use the labels within a reasonable amount of time. Over time, a surface chemical may negatively affect the adhesive.
- Always check printer manuals prior to using labels – some printers are not compatible with certain materials.
At Continental Datalabel we have decades of label experience and can walk you through the process of selecting the correct label for the job. Gives us a call at 800-947-8000 or email us at email@example.com
Click on the bottom below to download our New Dealer Application.
For details on becoming a distributor, fill out the following form and a Continental Datalabel team member will contact you within one business day.